Download cube models --- https://tinyurl.com/ya6a9jlx
"WARNING" That link is 2gigs of current models.
Cube Model How to;
open Desktop Cube.
Go to "Appearance" tab, "Skydome" choose your skydome image.
Click the "Transparent Cube" tab.
Set both at 0
Go Back and open "Cube 3D Model" plugin
1 "Model" click the folder icon and maneuver to the model you want to use. Open the folder and BE SURE to click the "_0.obj" (that's a zero not the letter oh) file in the folder. It should be just under the ".mtl" file.
Double click it if you like.
2. "Scale factor" I generally set this to " 1.0 " at first, checking if it is the size I want. Adjust it as you see fit. The model should appear in the bottom left corner of the screen, if not adjust the "X" till you see it.
3. Then move down to the "Model type" and select "Animated" This will load ALL of the .obj files found in the model's folder.
4. Move down to "Frames per second" and adjust this, again, as you see fit for the model.
5. "Rotation plane" I leave at "XY" but again, play with it. The dolphin models have to use "XY-Reverse rotation"
6. "X", "Y", "Z" Adjusts, obviously, the location of the model within the cube/on screen.
If you would like a model to appear as though in the distance, reduce the "Scale factor" to want you want, then adjust the "X", "Y", "Z" settings.
I sometimes make a model huge, the detail is kind of cool!
This was one of the first models I made that was used by the developer of the plugin to tweak it and allow for all of the bump-maps/textures to be seen. The images, included in each of the models, can be edited in Gimp. Copy the original folder for a model onto the Desktop, edit the image, rename the folder, then test the new one.